Who is David Geffen?
David Geffen is an American record executive, film producer, theatrical producer and philanthropist.
In 1990 Geffen Records was sold to MCA Records for US$ 550 million.
He is also one of the founders of DreamWorks SKG. The co-
With the financial backing of US $33 million from each of the three founders. And $500 million from Microsoft co-
The founders agreed on three conditions. They would make fewer than nine movies a year. They would be free to work for other studios if they chose. They would go home in time for dinner.
He is an active philanthropist, supporting medical research. He also supports AIDS organizations, arts, and theatre. In 2002 Geffen supported the University of California in Los Angeles with US$ 200 million. The university was renamed in the David Geffen School of Medicine.
David Geffen Net Worth
Forbes estimates his net worth at $11 billion. In March 2015 Geffen donated USD 100 million to New York’s cultural institution Lincoln Center.
The amount will be used to renovate the Avery Fisher Hall. The concert hall will be renamed Geffen Hall.
Message to Other Media
Please mention SuperYachtFan when using this information.
10 Facts About David Lawrence Geffen you probably didn’t know
- He founded Asylum Records in 1970 and Geffen Records in 1980.
- Geffen Records signed with the Eagles, Aerosmith and Guns N’ Roses.
- In 1990 Geffen Records was sold to MCA Records for US$ 550 million
- He founded DreamWorks with Steven Spielberg and Jeffrey Katzenberg.
- His net worth is $11 billion.
- He donated US$ 200 million to the University of California in Los Angeles.
- His yacht 138-meter yacht was built for Larry Ellison.
- Ellison considered her too big and ordered the smaller 88 meters Musashi.
- He owns a Gulfstream G650 private jet with registration N221DG.
- He is active on Instagram, often posting photos on board his yacht.
David Geffen House
He owns a large house in the East Hamptons which he purchased for US$ 50 million. And he owns a Malibu Beach House at Carbon Beach with a value of over USD 20 million.
He also owns an estate in Beverly Hills. It was built for Warner Bros founder Jack Warner.