Many people ask the question: Where does Bill Gates live? And how much money does he have? He lives with his wife Melinda in a large house in Seattle Washington. The address is 1835 73rd Ave NE, Medina. Bill Gates mansion is an earth-sheltered home. It is built on a hill in King County Medina. It is overlooking Lake Washington.
According to the county’s 2021 tax records, the house has a value of $131 million. The annual tax bill (property tax) for the house is $1.155 million (tax year 2021).
The house is legally owned by a company named Watermark Estate Management Services LLC. This company holds more personal assets of Gates. Tour Gates home with photos and videos.
1. Construction started: 1988.
2. Construction Finished: 1994.
3. Construction costs: US$ 66.5 million (source: tax records)..
4. The Value (2021) : US$ 130.880.000 million (source: tax records).
5. Architects: James Cutler Architects + Bohlin Cywinski Jackson.
6. Architectural style: Pacific lodge.
7. Land area: 224,334 sq ft (20.841 sq meter).
8. Above ground living area (AGLA): 48.160 sq ft (4.474 sq meter).
9. There are 7 Bedrooms
10. There are 24 bathrooms/toilets
11. The house has a garage for 23 cars.
12. The house has a 20 person cinema.
13. The entrance to the house is through a private tunnel.
14. There is a 60 ft swimming pool, with an underwater sound system
15. The gym has a Trampoline-room.
16. The house has full home automation.
17. There is 475 ft of Lake Washington waterfront.
18. The house has excellent views of Lake Washington and the Seattle Skyline.
19. The library houses the Codex Leicester manuscript by Leonardo DaVinci
The house is referred to as Xanadu 2.0. Xanadu is the fictional estate of Charles Foster Kane. He is the title character of the film Citizen Kane (1941). The estate derives its name from the ancient city of Xanadu. Xanadu is known for its splendor.
The 48,000-square-foot (4.400 m2) house features 7 bedrooms, 24 baths, and a 20 person home cinema. And a 60-foot (18 m) swimming pool with an underwater Sound System and a glass wall. The pool’s locker room has 4 showers and 2 baths.
The house is graded as an Exceptional Property. Lake Washington is a large freshwater lake near the city of Seattle. It is the second-largest natural lake in the state of Washington.
According to BusinessInsider, the house has computer screens throughout the house. The screens are displaying art or photos. The reception hall can accommodate up to 200 guests.
The annual tax bill is more than $ 1.1 million per year.
The house’ annual tax bill:
Bill Gates House Tax specification
The house’s garages can accommodate 23 cars. You can find some (interior) photos and engineering details of the 1,900 square-foot guest house here. And you find more information about the whole property here.
The house’s library is very large. It houses the Codex Leicester. It is a Manuscript written by Leonardo Da Vinci. The Codex has a value of more than US$ 30 million. The library has a Great Gatsby quote inscribed on the ceiling. “He had come a long way to this blue lawn. And his dream must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it.”
A Private Tunnel
Guests arrive through a private tunnel. The tunnel was built in 2006 under Highway 106. To give easy access to the house. The US$ 2 million tunnel was paid for by Watermark Estate Services.
In 2013 Gates acquired a $8.7 million Wellington, Florida mansion. The house has extensive equestrian facilities. Such as a showjumping area and a 20 stall barn.
The Gates family uses the house when their daughter Jennifer Katharine Gates is training. For her successful showjumping career. Gates also owns the Evergates Stables.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How much is Bill Gates most expensive house?
His Xanadu 2.0 is valued at $131 million.
How many rooms does Bill Gates house have?
The house has seven bedrooms.
How much is Gates annual property tax?
The annual tax bill is $1.2 million.
But there’s more! Scroll all the way down for more amazing content!