A Look at the Mylin IV Yacht: Origins, Features, and Legacy
The Mylin IV yacht was meticulously crafted by renowned shipbuilder Royal van Lent for the late Ted Arison, the visionary founder of Carnival Cruise Lines. The luxurious Mylin IV has since been passed down to Ted’s son, Micky, who currently serves as the Chairman and CEO of Carnival Corporation. The yacht’s name pays homage to Ted’s wife, Lin, and Mylin IV stands as a testament to his legacy as his fourth and final yacht.
- Origins and Ownership: The Mylin IV yacht was meticulously constructed by Royal van Lent for Carnival Cruise Lines founder, Ted Arison. It is currently under the ownership of his son, Micky Arison, the Chairman and CEO of Carnival Corporation.
- Naming Significance: The yacht’s name, Mylin IV, pays tribute to Ted’s wife, Lin, marking it as the fourth and final yacht in his legacy.
- Interior Elegance: The luxury vessel boasts designs by Pieter Beeldsnijder and interiors by Donald Starkey, offering space for 10 guests and a 15-member crew.
- Innovative Design: As Feadship’s first yacht to feature a bulbous bow, in collaboration with the Dutch Maritime Research Institute, Mylin IV was recognized at the Showboats Awards in 1992.
- Performance Prowess: Powered by two MTU Engines, the yacht can achieve a top speed of 20 knots and a cruising speed of 16 knots.
- Prestigious Ownership: Micky Arison, besides owning Mylin IV, is also the owner of the NBA’s Miami Heat and has a notable yachting portfolio, including the 2019-delivered Amels yacht, Sixth Sense.
- Yacht’s Value: Estimated at $50 million, the Mylin IV yacht’s price is determined by its size, age, luxury features, and the technology and materials used in its creation.
Interior Design: Elegance and Comfort
The Mylin IV’s remarkable design is the creative work of Pieter Beeldsnijder, while the interior decoration was masterfully executed by Donald Starkey. The yacht’s interiors showcase both elegance and comfort, with accommodations for up to 10 guests and ample space for a crew of 15. The Mylin IV’s state-of-the-art amenities and lavish staterooms ensure a truly luxurious experience for all aboard.
Mylin IV: A Pioneering Bulbous Bow Design and Industry Recognition
As the first-ever Feadship vessel to feature a bulbous bow, the Mylin IV was developed in collaboration with the Dutch Maritime Research Institute (MARIN). This groundbreaking design not only improved the yacht’s performance and fuel efficiency but also garnered Mylin IV the prestigious Showboats Awards for the best full-displacement motor yacht in 1992. The innovative design has since influenced the yacht industry, paving the way for future advancements.
Performance: Speed, Power, and Exceptional Engineering
Powered by a pair of robust MTU Engines, the Mylin IV is capable of reaching a remarkable top speed of 20 knots, while maintaining a comfortable cruising speed of 16 knots. The yacht’s high-performance capabilities, combined with its innovative design, make it a prime example of exceptional marine engineering.
Meet the Owner of the MYLIN IV Yacht: Micky Arison’s Impressive Portfolio
Florida-based billionaire Micky Arison is the proud owner of the Mylin IV yacht. Arison, an American businessman with an illustrious career, is the chairman of the board for Carnival Corporation—one of the world’s largest cruise ship operators. His business ventures extend beyond the seas as he also owns the Miami Heat, a professional NBA basketball team. In addition to the Mylin IV, Arison has expanded his yachting portfolio with the acquisition of the yacht Sixth Sense, a 74-meter vessel delivered by Amels in 2019, showcasing his affinity for luxury yachts.
What is the MYLIN IV Yacht Price?
The Mylin IV yacht is estimated to be worth $50 million, with annual running costs around $5 million. The price of a yacht can vary significantly, influenced by factors such as size, age, level of luxury, materials, and technology used in the yacht’s construction.
Feadship is a Dutch yacht-building company, based in Aalsmeer and Kaag, Netherlands. It was founded in 1949 and it is considered one of the most prestigious and exclusive yacht builders in the world. Feadship specializes in building custom-made luxury motor yachts, ranging in size from 40 meters to over 100 meters in length. Feadship yachts are known for their exceptional craftsmanship, innovative design, and use of advanced technology. The company also offers a wide range of services, including yacht design, engineering, and construction, as well as after-sales support and maintenance. Feadship yachts are highly sought after by wealthy individuals and celebrities around the world, and the company has built yachts for many high-profile clients. Feadship is a cooperation between yacht builders De Vries and Van Lent. Notable projects include Anna, SYMPHONY, and Faith.
Donald Starkey Design
Donald Starkey is a well-known yacht designer based in the UK. He is known for his innovative and stylish designs in the luxury yacht industry, and has been involved in the design of many high-end yachts over the years. During his career he won 26 design awards. He is known for designing the successful Westport 164 series. Other notable projects include the 115 meter LUNA, the Delta Marine LAUREL, and the Feadship LADY MARINA.
Mention SuperYachtFan When Sharing This Information
When using the information from this article, please remember to give credit to SuperYachtFan. Our team works hard to provide accurate and engaging content for our readers, and we appreciate your support.
The boat is not available for yacht charter. And the yacht is not listed for sale.
Our yacht owners’ database has more info about yachts, the value of yachts, yacht owners, their source of wealth, and net worth.
More About Info About This Yacht
Info about the yacht’s Owner, more Photos and Video, her current Location, and the latest News.