Who is Michael Lee Chin?
He is the founder of Portland Holdings. He was born on Jan 3, 1951. He is married to Sonya Hamilton.
Lee-Chin was born in Jamaica. At the age of 14 he did some landscaping work in the garden of a local hotel. When he was 16 he took a cleaning job in the engine room of a cruise ship. Later he studied civil engineering and business economics. He started is financial career as an advisor for an investment company. Soon he started investing himself and became a millionaire in his 30s.
He is now a billionaire, managing a large investment portfolio, including a majority stake in the National Commercial Bank of Jamaica.
Portland Holdings is an investment company based in Ontario, Canada. Past and current investments include:
- Advantage Investment Council (AIC Limited), which he bought for $200k, and developed into a $6 billion fund.
- Columbus Communications, which he co-owned with John Risley, owner of the yacht Northern Star.
- Eastern Caribbean Gas Pipeline Company
- National Commercial Bank of Jamaica (NCB)
- Trident Hotel Jamaica
- Reggae Beach Resort Jamaica
Michael Lee Chin Net Worth
His net worth is estimated $ 1,5 billion.
Watch this video!
Michael Lee Chin House
Michael Lee Chin Yacht
He is the owner of a Bombardier Global Express private jet, with registration C-GNCB. He also owns a fleet of Agusta and Sikorsky helicopters.
These include the Agusta AW139 C-GNCA and the Sikorsky S92 C-FUND.
Do you know more about his business jet? Please do send us a message.