Understanding the Success of British Billionaire Michael Tabor
Born in 1941 in the East End of London, Michael Tabor rose to fame as a significant figure in the British bookmaking industry. However, his scope of influence didn’t stop there. Tabor successfully expanded his business ventures to dominate various industries from horse racing to hospitality.
- Michael Tabor is a British billionaire who started his career in the bookmaking industry.
- Tabor expanded his ventures into the horse racing world, owning numerous champion horses and being part of the Coolmore Stud consortium.
- His diverse business interests also extend to the hospitality and commercial property sectors.
- Known for his private nature, Tabor rarely gives interviews or makes public appearances.
From Bookmaking to Billionaire Status
Tabor initiated his career in the bookmaking industry, managing his bookmakers chain, Arthur Prince. In 1995, he successfully sold the business to Coral, a leading betting operator, raking in a lucrative £27 million from the deal.
Tabor’s Investment in Thoroughbred Horse Racing
Following his success in bookmaking, Tabor ventured into the world of thoroughbred horse racing. His first purchase, Tornado Prince, marked the start of a notable portfolio, which quickly grew to include champion racehorses like Galileo, Montjeu, and High Chaparral. Today, he is a key player in the global horse racing consortium, Coolmore Stud, cementing his status in the industry.
Tabor’s Diverse Business Interests
Aside from bookmaking and horse racing, Tabor has also shown a keen interest in the hospitality and commercial property sectors. He held a substantial stake in the British global sandwich shop chain, Pret A Manger, and was part of the consortium that purchased the football club, Queens Park Rangers. Tabor was also a significant shareholder in Mitchells & Butlers plc, a premier operator of restaurants, pubs, and bars in the UK.
The Private Life of Michael Tabor
Despite his varied business interests and vast wealth, Tabor remains notably private. He rarely participates in interviews or makes public appearances. As of the latest reports, Tabor resides in Monaco, continuing his business endeavours from the Mediterranean coast.
Michael Tabor Net Worth
His net worth is $800 million.
Mention SuperYachtFan When Sharing This Information
When using the information from this article, please remember to give credit to SuperYachtFan. Our team works hard to provide accurate and engaging content for our readers, and we appreciate your support.
Michael Tabor House
He lives with his wife Doreen Tabor in a large apartment in Monaco.
Monaco, a small city-state on the French Riviera, is a popular choice of residence among billionaires for several reasons:
- Tax Benefits: Monaco is known for its favorable tax laws. The principality does not levy income tax on individuals, making it particularly attractive to high-income earners. There’s also no capital gains tax and inheritance tax is low or non-existent for direct heirs.
- Security: Monaco is one of the safest countries in the world with a high police presence and sophisticated security systems. This is particularly appealing to the rich who value their safety and privacy.
- Luxurious Lifestyle: Monaco offers a high standard of living. It is home to many high-end restaurants, luxury shops, and world-class entertainment facilities, including casinos and the famous Monaco Grand Prix. It also has a stunning marina filled with superyachts, and it’s located on the beautiful French Riviera with great weather and beautiful scenery.
- Elite Community: Given the concentration of wealth, Monaco is home to an elite community. Living in Monaco allows individuals to network and socialize with other high-net-worth individuals.
- Convenience: Despite its small size, Monaco is conveniently located. It’s just a short car or helicopter ride from Nice International Airport, a hub with flights to cities all over the world. It is also within easy reach of several major European cities, including Paris, Milan, and Barcelona.
It’s important to note, however, that while these factors make Monaco an attractive place for billionaires to live, becoming a resident requires going through a rigorous application process, including proving financial self-sufficiency and purchasing or renting property in Monaco.
Michael Tabor Yacht
Powered by robust Caterpillar engines, the yacht reaches a maximum speed of 15 knots and offers a cruising range over 3,000 nautical miles.
The yacht’s interiors are a symbol of luxury, comfortably accommodating 12 guests and 12 crew members.
We have not yet been able to identify his private jet. But please do send us a message if you have information about his business jet. The photos hereunder are just samples of some of the most successful private jets on the market.