Who is Giorgio Armani?
Armani is a famous and successful fashion designer from Italy. He was born in July 1934. His first jobs were window dresser and menswear salesman. But he started designing for the Nino Cerutti company in 1965.
His name was established in Hollywood because of the movie American Gigolo. The Italian designer’s clothes are featured prominently in the main character’s wardrobe.
He started the company in 1979. Giorgio Armani SPA now has 300 stores across 37 countries. And realizes a turnover of US$D 1.6 billion. He owns shares in Luxottica worth US$ 800 million.
He licensed his name for several hotels. Including the Hotel Armani Milan. The designer and Emaar Properties signed an agreement in 2004 for Emaar Hotels. To build and operate at least seven luxury hotels. And three vacation resorts under the Armani brand name.
One of these hotels is located in Dubai. The bottom 39 floors of the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It houses a 160 room Armani Hotel.
Giorgio Armani Net Worth
He has an estimated net worth of $8 billion.
Message to Other Media
Please mention SuperYachtFan when using this information.
Mariu was named after his mother Maria. She was sold in 2010 and again in 2011. The yacht is now owned by Cypriot shipping tycoon Andreas Hadjiyiann. He is the founder of Cyprus Maritime.
10 Facts about Giorgio Armani you probably didn’t know
- He was born in 1934 and founded his company in 1975.
- He started a job as a window dresser and later sold menswear in a shop.
- At the age of 30, he started designing. (For Nino Cerutti).
- He started producing fashion for the USA in 1979.
- He designed the costumes for the movie American Gigolo in 1980.
- That movie established him in Hollywood and the rest of the USA.
- He now owns more than 300 stores.
- His net worth is $7.5 billion.
- His 65-meter yacht was built in Italy at Codecasa.
- He designed his yacht himself.
Giorgio Armani House
He owns several houses all around the world. His most famous is his mansion in Antiqua. And a beautiful home in St. Tropez France. He also resides in Milan.