Who is Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al Thani, Emir of Qatar?
Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani is the Amir of Qatar. He is the fourth son of the previous Emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani (owner of the yacht Katara), who abdicated in 2013.
Sheikh Tamim – born in 1980 – is the youngest sovereign in the world. Sheikh Tamim became the heir apparent to the Qatar throne in 2003 when his elder brother Sheikh Jassim renounced his claim to the title.
Since then Sheikh Tamim was groomed to take over the rule, working in top security and economics posts.
Sheikh Tamin bin Hamad Family
He has 3 wives and 13 children:
Sheikha Jawahir bint Hamad Al Thani . They have four children, two sons, and two daughters:
- Sheikha Al Mayassa bint Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani (born 15 January 2006)
- Sheikh Hamad bin Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani (born 20 October 2008).
- Sheikha Aisha bint Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani (born 24 August 2010).
- Sheikh Jassim bin Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani (born 12 June 2012).
Sheikha Al-Anoud bint Mana Al Hajri, They have five children, three daughters, and two sons:
- Sheikha Naylah bint Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani (born 27 May 2010).
- Sheikh Abdullah bin Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani (born 29 September 2012).
- Sheikha Roda bint Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani (born 2014)
- Sheikh Alqaqaa bin Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani (born 3 October 2015)
- Sheikha Moza bint Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani (born 19 May 2018).
Sheikha Noora bint Hathal Aldosari. They have three sons and one daughter:
- Sheikh Joaan bin Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani (born 27 March 2015).
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani (born 17 July 2017)
- Sheikh Fahad bin Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani (born 16 June 2018)
- Sheikha Hind bint Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani (born 5 February 2020)
He is active on social media, including Instagram
Qatar is one of the Richest Countries
The State of Qatar is a small country, based on the Qatar Peninsula in the Persian Gulf. It shares a land border with Saudi Arabia.
Qatar has a population of approx. 2 million people and is one of the richest countries in the world. Qatar has the highest GDP per capita in the world. Qatar is the leading exporter of liquefied natural gas and owns the world’s third-largest natural gas reserves and oil reserves.
Qatar was the first Arab country to host the FIFA World Cup, in 2022.
Qatar Investment Authority
Sheikh Tamim heads the Qatar Investment Authority board of directors. The Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) is Qatar’s state-owned holding company and was founded to manage the oil and natural gas surpluses by the government of Qatar.
QIA is estimated to hold in excess of US$300 billion in investments, such as equity and real estate. They own the famous Harrods department store.
How Much is Sheikh Tamim al Thani Net Worth?
The net worth of the Emir of Qatar is estimated at $2.5 billion. It is widely believed that the Emir of Qatar has significant assets, including investments in various industries, real estate holdings, and other business interests. The country of Qatar itself is also known for its vast wealth, with a strong economy that is driven by the oil and natural gas industry.
It is worth noting that the wealth of the Emir of Qatar and the country of Qatar is not solely based on their natural resources, but also on their successful investments in a wide range of industries, including finance, technology, real estate, and more. These investments have helped to diversify the economy and create new sources of wealth, allowing Qatar to maintain its position as a major player on the global stage.
Mention SuperYachtFan When Sharing This Information
When using the information from this article, please remember to give credit to SuperYachtFan. Our team works hard to provide accurate and engaging content for our readers, and we appreciate your support.