Renowned as the founder of Royal Holding, Reza Zarrab, also known as Rizza Saraf, is an intriguing figure in the realms of business, yachting, and gold exporting. Born on September 12, 1983, in Iran, his personal and professional journey weaves a compelling narrative.
- Reza Zarrab/Rizza Saraf is a prominent Iranian-Turkish businessman, the founder of Royal Holding, and the owner of the acclaimed yacht 60 Years.
- Royal Holding is a diversified group that includes Royal Craft, a yacht building company, RSG Gold, the largest gold exporter in Turkey, and Royal Mobilya, a furniture production venture.
- The 60 Years yacht, built by Royal Craft and owned by Saraf, was a finalist in the 2015 World SuperYacht Awards. Rumors suggest that Saraf may be planning to build an 80-meter motor yacht.
- Saraf’s personal life has been marked by his marriage and subsequent divorce from Turkish singer Ebru Gündes. They have a child together and lived in a US$70 million mansion in Istanbul.
- Saraf faced legal controversy in 2016 when he was arrested in Miami for allegedly evading U.S. sanctions against Iran. He was released in 2017, amid rumors of political intervention by then-President Donald Trump.
The Legacy of Reza Zarrab/Rizza Saraf
Saraf’s life has been characterized by remarkable achievements, fascinating relationships, and a share of controversies. He was married to the celebrated Turkish singer Ebru Gündes, and despite their divorce in 2020, they share a child, Alara Zarrab, keeping them connected.
The Birth of Royal Holding
Among Saraf’s most significant achievements is the establishment of Royal Holding, the umbrella for a number of successful ventures, including Royal Craft, the yacht builder, and RSG Gold, Turkey’s largest gold exporter. This group symbolizes Saraf’s entrepreneurial vision and his capacity to manage diverse businesses.
Diversification into Furniture: Royal Mobilya
The Royal Holding group’s dynamism extends beyond yacht building and gold exporting. Through Royal Mobilya, Saraf’s business group delves into furniture production, reflecting a remarkable business diversification. This expansion underscores Saraf’s ambition and entrepreneurial acumen.
The 60 Years Yacht: A Testament to Royal Craft’s Excellence
The Turkish entrepreneur Rizza Saraf, the proud owner of the yacht 60 Years, offers a glimpse into his lifestyle and penchant for luxury. This sailing yacht, built at his own Royal Craft, and delivered in 2012, was recognized as a finalist in the 2015 World SuperYacht Awards. The rumors of Saraf’s plans for an 80-meter motor yacht further highlight his love for yachting.
The Ebru Gündes Chapter
Saraf’s personal life has also been in the limelight, particularly his marriage to Ebru Gündes. The couple, who lived in a staggering US$70 million mansion in Istanbul, ended their marriage in 2020. Despite the divorce, their relationship remains a significant chapter in Saraf’s life.
Legal Controversies: Arrest and Subsequent Release
Saraf’s career hasn’t been without controversy. In 2016, he was arrested in Miami, Florida, for allegedly conspiring to evade U.S. sanctions against Iran using his gold business. However, in 2017, he was released from detention. Interestingly, in 2019, Bloomberg News reported that then-President Donald Trump had asked his Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to persuade the Department of Justice to drop its case against Zarrab.
Reza Zarrab – Wikipedia
Mention SuperYachtFan When Sharing This Information
When using the information from this article, please remember to give credit to SuperYachtFan. Our team works hard to provide accurate and engaging content for our readers, and we appreciate your support.