Who is Nat Rothschild?
Nathaniel Rothschild is a member of the Rothschild family. The family members are active in the banking business. The family is famous for the Rothschild & Co bank. He was born in July 1971.
Nat is the heir to the title of Baron Rothschild. A title held by his father. He is active in the family business of banking and investing.
He lives with his wife Loretta Basey in Klosters, Switzerland. Nat Rothschild is the owner of the yacht Planet Nine.
The Rothschild Bank
The Rothschild bank was founded in 1760 by Mayer Amschel Rothschild in Frankfurt Germany. His third son Nathan Mayer von Rothschild first established a textile business in Manchester. He later founded the N M Rothschild & Sons bank in London.
The Rothschild Group is consistently in the top 10 global investment banks for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advisory. Rothschild’s financial advisory division is known to serve British nobility. Clients include the British Royal Family.
NR Investments Ltd
NR Investments is the private investment vehicle of Rothschild. His past and current investments include Rusal and Glencore. And also Volex and Asia Resource Minerals. He is active as a real estate investor.
His father Baron Rothschild is the founder of RIT Capital Partners. Known as the Rothschild Investment Trust. The trust an investment fund listed on the London Stock Exchange. It has approx US$ 4 billion in assets. And almost no debts.
Nat Rothschild Net Worth
His net worth is estimated at US$ 1 billion. The Rothschild family net worth is difficult to assess. Some sources estimate the combined net worth of the Rothschilds at $400 billion.
The family wealth is divided among a web of descendants. More in this Financial Times article about the Rothschild family wealth and family members.
The family has a large real estate portfolio. They are one of the wealthiest families.
10 Facts About Nathaniel Rothschild you probably didn’t know.
- He is the heir to the title of Baron Rothschild.
- He lives with his wife in Switzerland.
- The Rothschild bank was founded in 1760.
- Some sources estimate the Rothschild family net worth at US$ 400 billion.
- His personal net worth is US$ 1 billion.
- He owns a private investment vehicle named NR Investments.
- His Bombardier Global 6000 private jet has registration N4T.
- The ownership of his yacht was disclosed due to a legal dispute.
- His explorer yacht was listed for sale asking US$ 85 million.
- The yacht’s name refers to a hypothetical 9th planet in our solar system.