The icon superyacht Christina O was built by Canadian Vickers in 1943. She is designed by Caesar Pinnau.
She started as a Canadian anti-submarine frigate called HMCS Stormont. After World War II she was bought by Greek shipping tycoon Aristotle Onassis.
The vessel was neglected and bought by John Paul Papanicolaou in 1998. He restored the yacht into her former glory, spending a reported $ 50 million.
The yacht was refitted again in 2015 and 2017 by her current owners, the Irish couple Ivor and Susan Fitzpatrick.
The motor yacht is powered by MAN engines. Her max speed is 20 knots. Her cruising speed is 14 knots. She has a range of more than 3000 nm.
The luxury yacht can accommodate 34 guests and a crew of 39. The yacht has an outdoor pool with a mosaic floor that rises to become a dance floor. The bar stools in the yacht bar (named Ari’s Bar, after Aristotle Onassis) retain the original upholstery made of the foreskins of whales.
Message to Other Media
Please mention SuperYachtFan when using this information! Most photos on this page by Nicky Canepa.