Who is Ronald Perelman?
Perelman is a US-
He has an MBA from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania. He comes from a wealthy family, active in the paper industry. He is a board member of the Apollo Theater in Harlem New York.
MacAndrews And Forbes
Perelman is a successful investor through his private holding MacAndrews and Forbes. He acts as executive officer of Macandrews and Forbes. He invests a fortune of US$ 14 billion.
American Paper Products Company
The Perelman family owned the American Paper Products Company. The company was founded by Ronald’s grandfather Morris Perelman. That was in the early 1930s.
In the 1960s Ronald’s father Raymond and his uncle Leon Perelman took over the paper company. The company was very successful. It enabled Raymond Perelman to start investing.
Ronald soon joined his father in investment activities. Early investments were the Esslinger Brewery. It was sold with a US$ 1 million profit. Later he sold Cohen-
Ronald acquired the chocolates and licorice distributor MacAndrew and Forbes in 1980. Later this company was turned into Perelman’s private holding.
Owner of Revlon
Ronald is an active philanthropist. Like his father who donated US$ 300 million to good causes. Of which US$ 225 million to the University of Pennsylvania. Both Ronald and his father Raymond are listed on the Chronicle of Philanthropy’s Top 50.
In 2013 alone Ronald has donated more than US$ 200 million to charity.
He is the founder of the Ronald Owen Perelman and Claudia Cohen Center for Reproductive Medicine. The center is established at Weill Cornell Medical Center.
He also founded the “The Ronald O. Perelman Department of Dermatology”. And the Ronald O. Perelman Heart Institute at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital.
Further, he has established the Revlon UCLA Women’s Cancer Research Program.
Perelman Net Worth
He has an estimated net worth of $3 billion. His father Raymond has a net worth of $500 million.
Message to Other Media
Please mention SuperYachtFan when using this information.
10 Facts About Ronald Owen Perelman you probably didn’t know
1. Perelman was born into a wealthy family.
2. The Perelman family owned the American Paper Products Company.
3. He bought the chocolate distributor MacAndrew and Forbes in 1980.
4. Later this company was turned into Perelman’s private holding.
5. His net worth is $3 billion.
6. Ronald and his father are listed on The Philanthropy’s Top 50.
7. Perelman has owned several yachts, C2 is his latest.
8. C2 stands for Claudia Cohen, Perelman’s ex-wife who died of cancer.
9. The yacht is often visited by celebs including Kendal Jenner.
10. His neighbor in the Hamptons (NY) is Steven Spielberg.
Ronald Perelman House
He lives with his wife a large estate on Georgica Pond in the Hamptons. The house is located close to New York City. It is called The Creeks. It is a 40-